This isn't a new concept. Everyone has heard of it. Many use it. For those who don't, well, this is why you should.
I had a cold this week. And you know the kind of thing that goes with it. blocked nose, headache, then running nose, sometimes both blocked and running nose... I decided to use steam to help me with it. It was evening time and I had come back from college. I looked worn out and tired. On top of that I was sick. I cleansed my skin and then used a facial steamer. After a minute of breathing in steam, I felt a lot better with my blocked nose but I also saw a difference in my skin radiance. It was glowing as though I spent the day relaxing at home or in a spa.
After a little research, I saw that this method is widely used and has many other benefits.
- Makes the skin glow, by increasing the blood circulation
- Helps in removing dust and other particles because of the water vapor action . And this helping with acne.
- Steaming has anti aging benefits simply because it helps loosen the top layer of the skin which becomes stiff as a person grows older.
- Removal of blackheads and whiteheads. It helps loosen the skin and aids in removal of blackheads and whiteheads.
There are two ways to go about.
Simple one. Buy a steamer. Add water and switch it on.
If you are not interested in buying a facial steamer, you can use a large metal bowl.
- Pour a few cups of water and boil it till steam is very visible.
- Place the bowl on a flat surface.
- Take a towel to create an enclosure for your face and bowl. Make sure to maintain good distance with the bowl to avoid burns.
- Breathe in and out for a minute or until it starts to feel too hot.
- Wipe off.
While this is a brilliant procedure it is important to remember to not overuse it. So once in a week is the limit you should use this.
Hope this was good information.
Thanks for reading,