Monday, December 9, 2013

How your favorite protagonist might be misleading you

The secret to your favorite protagonist's body:

open source photos: flickr, wikipedia


They say they do nothing. They are shown eating pizza, dining at all the fancy places, eating all the fancy food, drinking the fancy cocktail! They swear to not go anywhere near exercising. Yet, they are skinny, size 2s!

In the OC, I remember a shot, where Marissa, Summer and Lindsay go for lunch.  Marissa orders a burger. And Lindsay tells her, that might take 3 hours to burn on the elliptical. And summer responds to this by saying, "Marissa and exercise?!", and a shrug.

In sex and the city, Carrie Bradshaw wouldn't be caught near the gym. She hates walking, loves eating and drinking. And she is skinnier than the next person who might be working out 5 days a week in the gym and must be on the healthiest diet ever.

News flash! I'm sure we all know it. But on some level, most of us wish we were like them. Eating everything and never putting on so much as a pound. The truth is, on television they are not shown moving their butt.
 In reality, these actors we see on TV are constantly on "the diet", in "the gym". So yes, they are always working for it. It doesn't come easily for the best of us.

What's really disturbing that, they are trying to convey a wrong message. I'm a 21 year old girl. I exercise now and then. I walk everyday! Going to college requires a lot of walking. Yet, I'm not fit. Losing weight takes a lot of hard work. One must ask those who work hard for it.


Thanks for reading,
XO Ayesha.





27 comments:

  1. So true grest posts I think they all lie to make themselves compatible with normsl society.
    http://tifi11.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. very true !! i feel guilty now for stopping my daily work outs !!!

    N@NY
    http://artofnanyslife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh thank you ! Finally the truth has been spoken...

    afashionistastateofmind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, I totally remember this scene from the OC! Haha I could picture it perfectly. Great post :)
    www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post :)

    http://gabijasun.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I completely agree with you doll, Great post :D
    xoxo <3

    www.littlemisssinner.com
    www.youtube.com/MsShanayaSinner

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love sex in the city!! Haha and I remember that from the OC! :D Great post <3 xx

    www.junkjournal100.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really good and so true - why not just be healthy and work out and not lie about it?!
    I love the picture at the end too, so true!
    Lovely Post!

    xoxo
    berrybloomxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always love your photography
    check my blog if you want too:)
    NEW POST -> tr3ndygirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. thats what my point is too !! Guess they r not the real self when they r on the show, but they must be bumming their backs off screen.
    Thanks so much for ur comment on my blog ! If you want we can follow each other on GFC ,Bloglovin/Facebook..Let me know !
    ✿thefashionflite
    ✿twitter
    ✿Bloglovin
    ✿FaceBook

    ReplyDelete
  11. I also sure that it is imposible to have a beautiful body without a hard work. And of corse its imposible eating and drinking and never get fat, in this case the body is contaminated in other way. I also have to work hard in the gym, cause I like too much eating :)))) Thanks a lot for this post
    Have a nice day doll

    http://alissagromova.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. A must read post for everyone ! Loved it ! It requires hard work to have a fit body !
    http://beautyndbest.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such an amazing post! Your blog is so lovely!

    xo, Meera | www.momentswithmeera.com
    twitter + instagram: @meeranavlakha

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for your comment!!! Of course I want to follow each other! I'm your new follower now, and I hope you can follow me back!

    http://thefashionexplorer.blogspot.com.es/

    XOXO!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like your blog, kisses from RAgentina!
    Julieta, trendalist.com.ar

    ReplyDelete
  16. lovely post ! Thanks for visiting my blog dear !! Would you like to follow each other :) xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I totally agree with you! We all know that they exercise in real life but yet in every single movie they are not exercising at all and this gives a wrong message! There are so many people having them as role models but what they don't realise is that they actually have to do something to get the body they want.x
    xxxx
    Stephanie
    vidathings.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice outfit! Love your style! You look genius!
    Thanks for your sharing and posting!
    Have a nice day!


    http://www.aekk.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice post!
    http://www.maridress.blogspot.it/
    http://www.bloglovin.com/maridress
    https://www.facebook.com/maridressfashionblog

    ReplyDelete
  20. awesome post
    wanna follow each other via gfc and bloglovin
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is so true! XO

    http://stylesensemoments.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great post! Media is always misleading people by exploiting "perfect bodies" which in reality are extremely hard to obtain and can't even be obtained by most. In addition, a lot of what we see in the medias are altered; it's such a shame that society creates a standard of "skinny" which isn't even real. I work out here and there and try to maintain a healthy diet to keep myself happy and healthy. Best, CD ican'taffordmylifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  23. Right on! Your insights are spot on, Doll! The media sends us unattainable images all the time. Good to see a post "calling out" these untrue messages. Hugs! T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. si hai ragione :D bel post :D cosa ne dici di seguirci a vicenda???? www.ollyup.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comment makes my day. Thank you for leaving a comment!!