Saturday, November 9, 2013

An ode to handwritten letters


When was the last time you wrote a letter to your loved one? And by wrote, I mean actually use a pen, and fill a paper made from a tree bark with words that matter!

Handwritten letters are losing their charm. People communicate through texts, Whatsapp, facebook, and all the means that can be used over wireless. Of course these means are faster and cheaper than the previous but don't you think when you are writing a letter, there you are putting so much more feelings in there. And, I'm not just saying love letters, although that would be great too. What I'm talking about a letter to your parents, to your friend, or anybody special, something that they can hold while they read it, where they can smell your scent vaguely. That they can keep with them forever.

I love handwritten letters. I feel that if you are writing a letter to me, you are giving a tiny piece of you to me. Some of my friends write mushy letters to me on certain occasions not. I love them.

So the message here that I'm trying to convey is that one should write letters. They are so personal and they convey so much more than an email or a text message. So start writing!

Thanks for reading,
XO Ayesha

10 comments:

  1. great post! would you like to follow eachother?
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post..I totally agree, nowadays we seem to have a preference for anything that is quick and easy to do, but in the process we forget those little details that are valuable like a hand written, heart felt letter :)

    Would you like to follow each other via bloglovin?

    Thanks for stopping by my blog xx
    Laviniah
    http://bffbestfootforward.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally! Emails have taken over our lives!!

      Delete
  3. I totally agree! I have an old friend who is now a pen pal, and it makes my day when I get a handwritten letter from her. Obviously, email would be much simpler, but there is something special about the thought that goes into a letter that they took the time to sit down and write out.

    Brittney

    anotherbeautifulthing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats super cool! Where does your pen pal live?

      Delete
  4. Both handwritten letters and cards are going away, but both are so special. I try to remember to write cards for people, but it is easy to forget.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I was a kid I had pen pals all over the world. I found them all online and then wrote snail mail letters back and forth for years. Later, some of them found me on facebook! Let's bring it back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We really should bring it back!! You are right!

      Delete

Your comment makes my day. Thank you for leaving a comment!!