Saturday, November 2, 2013

All-you-can-eat-buffet, anyone?




What is the first thing you happen to think when you think of buffet?



For me, its a chance to go all out and stuff my self till my stomach is about to explode. More so, if I'm paying for it!

But what do you think they, the restaurant, is thinking when they hold such offers? Don't you think they go into losses when they put a fixed price over variable amount of food? So what's their reason for it?

1. They get to showcase multiple dishes at once and in a way force people to dry dishes which they wouldn't normally if they went a la carte.  These could be less known dishes or dishes special to that restaurant.

2. It is observed that the average amount that they profit is higher than what they lose. Even though a few people may eat amounting more than that fixed amount there are more people

3. People generally seem to think that they are getting more for less. Whereas they don't actually end up eating worth the entire amount.

How is it harmful for us?

We may or may not eat worth the amount. But we definitely do eat more than we ought to. I have seen people go beyond their capacity when they go for a buffet. In that case portion control and healthy options are all forgotten. Hence, rather than it being frugal, it turns out to be expensive, for their health.

So the next time you are at a restaurant and you want to make a healthy choice, choose a la carte. You will actually end up saving money!

Thanks for reading,
XO Ayesha.
 




13 comments:

  1. It looks yum! I totally agree with eating over capacity on a buffet - but hey, thats where the fun is it!
    xoxo

    http://berrybloomxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lov buffet, but i'm just as guilty as everyone else! I eat waaay too much for my health! I guess, you wonder how much profit the restaraunt is making from a buffet. But, think about the proffit they make because they don't have to hire as much staff to be waitresses etc. etc. Although there probably is a LOT of washing up staff ;) hehe! all those disgusting plates with half-eaten food!

    Sharlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats the beauty and disadvantage, we just eat too much! But yes, you are super right. They don't have to pay waiters.

      Delete
  3. I'm one of those people that contribute to the buffet's bottom line: my eyes are bigger than my stomach and I can never finish everything that I got. Also, I feel kind of sick afterwards, so maybe I should just skip out on buffets from now on.

    Brittney

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woman! I envy you!! Yes you should stay away from buffets for your own monetary benefit.

      Delete
  4. food overkill ! But I always check out the desserts 1st. So I know I should leave some space in my stomach !! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I somehow manage to stuff everything in my little stomach. haha!

      Delete
  5. Buffets can be too tempting most of the time, a huge no no for anyone on a diet! I do love going to buffets time to time but then again sometimes there aren't really anything delicious there that makes you want to come back for another visit.
    www.speakstyleandrock.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love buffet. But, recently because of my college food habits I've put on a lot of weight. Still I love them. But try to stay away

      Delete
  6. Hi! I found your blog by chance, while peeking others and I decided to check it out! I’m glad I did it, because I am really delighted with yours. I think we're going to get along just fine! ;) I'd like to invite you to meet my space as well and I hope you'll have as much fun as I am having in yours!
    I wish you lots of success
    I'll surely follow you. I'll be glad if you follow me too )
    http://eternia-sama.blogspot.ru/
    Kisses from Russia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you think that way! Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  7. What a great post! I love buffets, but understand that I have to be careful with portions when I'm there. :)

    Diana
    www.ManhattanImageandStyle.com
    New Outfit Post: Tips to Put Together a Unique Causal look

    ReplyDelete

Your comment makes my day. Thank you for leaving a comment!!