Thursday, October 17, 2013

Bakrid mubarak!

India is one of places where you can have festivals on (almost) consecutive days. We celebrated Durga puja/dussera on Sunday & Monday and then Bakrid on Wednesday. So many cultures and so many traditions coincide to make our country, India.


Bakrid was all about meeting my friends. I'm a vegetarian, so no goat meat for me! Every year, I try to avoid the kitchen to the extent of finishing food before the meat arrived and locking my self into my room until it was all cleaned up. This year was no different. My father invited some of his colleagues and I invited some of my friends. It was a nice gathering. I enjoyed a lot. Mom cooked loads of vegetarian food along with the mutton so the other vegetarians and I could enjoy our meal.

We had an invite to a family friend's get together in the evening. They recently moved into their new home and it was the first time we were going there. A beautiful house, well decorated and settled. Good food there as well! All in all, a great day!

If you have any questions about the festival or if you want to say anything else to me, please comment below!


Thanks for reading,
XO Ayesha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment makes my day. Thank you for leaving a comment!!