Saturday, October 19, 2013

A tour through my habitat

Hello all, I've been meaning to do this post ever since my room was done 2 months ago. And finally, its here! I've been living in this room since I was 12. But until very recently I was sharing it with my brother (so silly, right?). Finally when these two rooms were renovated(which took 2 months) my brother moved to that room, and I got this pretty, big room all to myself! It was hard to capture the entire room in one picture. So I've got different sections in different pictures right below.


I'll start with my favorite part, my bed. I spend a lot of my time here. Even when I'm not sleeping. I prefer to watch shows on my laptop. Right now I have pink sheets because the other sheets have gone for wash but these aren't my favorite sheets. I sleep on both sides of the bed. And choosing that depends on where I was sitting when I was awake. So if its messy, I push everything to one side and sleep on the other side. Its not the best move but takes care of things until I'm ready to take care of them in the morning!

Then comes my vanity, mini-vanity. I didn't want my vanity to take up extra space, so I got it done on the side of the cupboard.

Upper shelf is of thick glass and the lower of wood. I have only a couple of items that I need regularly on this. It is little hard to take a picture of my cupboard so forgive me for the blurred picture!


Next comes my study area. Over head cupboards, bulletin board, white board, side drawers and below the table shelves. This area has been designed for complete convenience. Two plug points for laptop charger and tablet charger. A tube has been installed so that a table lamp is not required. The bulletin board ensures that whatever I need to see is right before me.


Another important part of my room is the attic. This is where I kept most of my belongings for the last 9 years. There were no cupboards downstairs. Its a nice little room on its on. It's like room within a room.


 I don't think I use my balcony as much as I should. But I've got two plants now, so I will have to go there everyday to at least water my plants. The problem with my balcony is that when we moved into the house, there was a beautiful view. Now an ugly 4 floor building has been build just a few meters away and that completely ruined my view.


I truly believe a person's habitat defines a person majorly.
Hope you liked mine!

Thanks for reading,
XO Ayesha

PS: Do put links to your post if you have done one on your home or dorm room or bedroom! I would love to see it!

1 comment:

  1. What a unique space - love the colors, Ayesha. I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Your comment makes my day. Thank you for leaving a comment!!