Monday, September 2, 2013

Trying to snap out of being a procrastinator

Back in the days, I wrote an exam which asked for the synonym for procrastination. I didn't know. Its ironic how time taught me the meaning and practicality of the word!


Here I am, years later, writing about procrastination in hopes of being able to learn from what I read! From my own experiences, I can only teach a person on how to procrastinate better. I always find reasons and means to do it. Sometimes I feel I should make a few bucks out of it. Alas! Nobody really gives money to a person for such a habit. Hence, it is more than important to find ways to not.



Here's an observation. You procrastinate only what you don't enjoy doing. Sometimes, you might like doing something, but you don't like the way its done. And blah blah. If that thing is important for your growth or wellbeing, it is at most important to like it. In one way or another. And if that is not possible, you could really think of putting it off forever and switching to something else. I'd like to give an example from my own experience. I never procrastinate on activities I really enjoy. I love going out. Even if it is for the boring groceries. I guess this could be one reason I am my parent's only favorite child. Haha! Just kidding. I'm trying to find ways that I can procrastinate on my work lesser and try to enjoy it.


From now on, I'd like to spend time working rather than thinking about it. This is probably the time to put down a cliché like time and tides wait for none, or Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. But writing these will not help me until I really start digesting it and doing the right thing.

To read nice articles on the same and many others, click here.

Thanks for reading,
XO Ayesha 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment makes my day. Thank you for leaving a comment!!