Thursday, August 22, 2013

Rejection is not so bad



Today, I went for placements. We had our first round, written round. A tier 1 company. I went without really working for it. I guess many people who went today did. We all thought that since the toppers are not placed yet how are we expecting to get. And that we would go try out the test, check out what kind of questions should we be prepared for in the future, and if luck favored get through the first round. But luck favors only those who work for it. After feeling bad about it for a few minutes I decided there was no reason for it. I hadn't worked for it. It wasn't mine to begin with. If by chance I got through the first round, there was no way I would have got through the interviews with the kind of preparations I had. It has given me a chance and a reason to work for the other companies that come in the future. If I hadn't gone today, I probably wouldn't have realized where I am.

Thanks for reading,
XO Ayesha

6 comments:

  1. As cheesy as it sounds, rejection/failure is a part of life. If I tell you how many times I have been rejected in my line of work you will feel A LOT better about yourself :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Its true though. Life can not be given to us in a plate! :)

      Delete
  2. the quote is so true ♥ and every moment/experience(positive or negative) in our lifes teach us something new! lovely article! :) I followed you on google+(petra lorietta),bloglovin and I liked your facebook page with my personal profile(petra lorencov√°) ;) Love,

    www.lorietta.cz


    My Facebook page


    My Bloglovin profile

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel for you---I've gone through similar situations where I've had a sudden sinking feeling that I just was not adequately prepared. At least this experience will teach you to prep in the future for what you want.

    Brittney

    anotherbeautifulthing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats what I'm counting on Brittney. I'm not regretting that I went there, in fact I'm glad I did :)

      Delete

Your comment makes my day. Thank you for leaving a comment!!