Sunday, August 18, 2013

M.I.A.

It feels so good to just start typing a post. Why have I been missing for this long? Turns out that the internet dongle that my dad uses takes a million years to load a page. So I was left internet-less in places that had so much to be written about. And these are the places:

Kolkata - Howra Bridge
I was at Kolkata twice in these 10 days. This photo was taken from the Howra railway station. I just couldn't resist putting this up. I had another picture with just the Howra bridge. But Kolkata wouldn't be Kolkata without its yellow Ambassador taxis. One of the taxis we got into was from 1965. Super old.
It took us 2 hours to go to my Grand aunt's place from the Airport. In those 2 hours I got to see the poor localities and the posh locality as well. It's really sad how there is such a disparity in India.
I visited Chowringhee market. It is great for roadside shopping. I got 3 bags for Rs. 450. I bought many other cools things too.

From Kolkata, we took the train to Jamshedpur, the first planned industrial city in India. It is also known as Tatanagar or Steel city. I was visiting my Aunt and Uncle there.
The next picture was taken on the way to Patna from Jamshedpur.

At Patna, I visited my Grandmother. I also visited the college where my dad studied. It is Patna Engineering college, now NIT, Patna. Really nice campus. pretty place. I took this photo from the administrative block.

NIT, Patna

Thanks for reading,
XO Ayesha.

8 comments:

  1. That picture that you have taken on your way to Patna from Jamshedpur is sublime..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing pictures from other countries. NIT seems really pretty. Did you take a train or car out to Patna?

    Brittney

    anotherbeautifulthing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We booked a car. I went with my family. The car ride would be pretty boring if it weren't for the view outside. It was a 10 hour drive. I spent a long time looking out the window and the rest of the time reading! :)

      Delete

Your comment makes my day. Thank you for leaving a comment!!