Saturday, August 24, 2013

How to take care of imitation jewellery

I love fake jewellery! Why?
Because- I can buy as many as I want to match with whatever I have and I can get a lot more options than with gold and silver.

The only problem with fake stuff is that they get spoiled a lot quicker than the real ones. But if they are taken care of, they can last much longer than usual(Thank God ). I have had some stuff since I was 12! I am an Earring obsessed girl. I have over a 100 pairs of earrings preserved since back then.



So these are the ways I make my jewellery last long

Keep them in glass/plastic/cardboard boxes.



If they look weaker than others, Keep em in separate tiny zipper bags and then keep them inside the boxes.

You can use nail polish(clear/gold/silver) to revive dull looking jewellery

Do not spray deodorant or perfume on self after wearing the jeweller. It will react with the outer layer of jewellery, irritate your skin and spoil the jewellery 

Do not leave it out for long. Dust particles can settle in parts of jewellery which are hard to clean.

You may or may not use solutions depending on the quality of jewellery.



What do you do to keep your artificial jewellery fresh looking? Comment below and enlighten me!

Thanks for reading,
XO Ayesha

7 comments:

  1. great tips!:) love using nail polishes on old jewellery! ♥ neon colors look amazing too!:) thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog, it means a lot to me♥ hope we'll keep in touch! I'm looking forward to your next posts!:)

    www.lorietta.cz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tips! I would LOVE for you to share this at "That's My Style" Link Party TODAY! I hope to see you there. :)

    P.s. Following you through bloglovin. :)

    Karla @ www.MySerendipitousLife.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for sharing this at "That's My Style" Link Party!!! You made my day. I do hope you'll join in again. I can't wait to see what you have to share next week. :)

    Karla @ www.MySerendipitousLife.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is brilliant! I'm always struggling with things tarnishing and tangling, and these ideas are such clever fixes! Great blog :)

    Jen
    www.drawingsunderthetable.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice tips for preserving artificial jewellery. I too collect ear rings.I put them separately in different covers.
    I saw some jewellery at http://www.madhurya.com/jewellery.html

    ReplyDelete

Your comment makes my day. Thank you for leaving a comment!!