Friday, July 26, 2013

A void



How do you fill a void that's been left in your heart? End of a book series or a show, a person leaving, beginning of new era, end of the previous. Life can change when something like this happen. It got me thinking. How do we move on from something like this. Well, I'm not being fair when i say "a person leaving" and "end of a book series" in the same sentence, but its easier this way. They say get your mind on to something else. I say get your mind on to something else. But I'm just kidding myself and so are they. Because that void can never be filled. I still remember, when my friend from my colony left the city and went to another. We cried that night. A lot! She and I are still in touch but its left a void in my heart because it can never be the same. I stopped going on that lane for a very long time because of how I felt when I did. It was childhood friendship. I haven't seen her face for 2 years. And right now, I'd do anything to. It isn't like I haven't found other things to do. I have other friends. But no one can replace her, and no one ever will.

The same way, its not easy to replace someone or something. Especially if they have been a part of you, if they have had a hand in defining you. And those who try are just trying to kid themselves. The only way to deal with it, is, accept the void, learn to love the void, find ways to keep connection with the person or thing responsible for the void. And try not to move on from it, but with it.


How do you fill a void?

Thanks for reading,
XO Ayesha


1 comment:

  1. I love the way you write and the content is so true. There are places in our hearts which none can ever fill!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment makes my day. Thank you for leaving a comment!!