I never liked tea. I'd always been more of a coffee person. Cold coffee, hot coffee, black coffee, filter coffee, instant coffee, just coffee. But thanks to pinterest and other fitness/health websites I've learned about the million benefits of green tea. So I decided to buy a pack and try it. I hated it! Really. I tried to put lemon and honey. While that did make it better, the taste really didn't do it for me. But still, I made it a couple of times more and thats when I realized it made me feel so good. My tongue didn't enjoy tea much, but my body did. I feel so refreshed when i drink tea. Which is why I decided to write a bit on it.
Some of the benefits that I have coined from other websites include:
1. Metabolism boosting power: Drinking 3-4 cups a day increases your metabolism and hence helps you lose weight. Awesome right?
2. Clearer skin: It helps flush out toxins and hence purifies blood. Makes the skin clearer.
3. Reduces chance of cancer: The antioxidant in green tea is 100 times more effective than vitamin C and 24 times better than vitamin E. This helps your body at protecting cells from damage believed to be linked to cancer.
4. Lower cholesterol: Hence lesser chance of heart diseases.
5. Anti-aging: Green tea contains polyphenols which helps to fight aging.
6. Memory boosting: Green tea helps slow down the process of reduced acetylcholine in the brain, which leads to Alzheimer's.
7. Stronger bones: The very key to this is high fluoride content found in green tea. It helps keep your bones strong.
How to make a cup of green tea:
Heat a cup of water to around 80 degrees Celsius(175 degree Fahrenheit). Add the green tea leaves or the pouch. Let it brew for 3-4 minutes. And top with lemon and honey if you want.
How I make a cup of green tea:
This is not the traditional way. But I just stated I love coffee. And I have a coffee machine. Well, I use that coffee machine to make a cup of tea. Its really very simple.
Put the tea leaves where you would put the coffee grounds. And do the rest as you would with coffee.
See! It really is very simple!!
Try it. And let me know how it goes!
Thanks for reading,