Saturday, June 22, 2013

Skin and haircare regime for exam and other times





It is at the time of stress when zits find time to pop up and hair fall increases. And world feels like its going to fall apart. At least for me it does.
So we know that we need to take little extra care of ourselves during exams.

1. Take steps to reduce your stress levels by checking out my post:

http://definingayesha.blogspot.in/2013/06/exam-stress-what-do-i-do-and-what-we.html

2. Skin: Follow the usual routine of cleansing, toning, moisturising:

Remember to wash your face 2 times a day. Using a nice cleanser. I use neutrogina fine fairness. Although I liked my previous neutrogina foam face wash better, I had to switch to this one because that was not available in the stores that day.



Skip the toner if you are happy with the results. I personally have never used a toner. On my worst days, I use an ice cube!

Moisturising is extremely important everyone. Even those with oily skin because your face produces more oil to make up for the oils stripped from the skin. But remember to use an oil free moisturiser. I use Olay natural white. It has a smooth texture and feels really good on the skin. I'd like to try Neutrogina creams. Last time I went to health and glow, the sales ladies confused me and i ended up buying Olay again. I use Lotus AlmondNourish as body lotion. When the weather is really dry, I switch to au naturale Olive oil.
 







Another important thing everyone remembers to mention is exfoliation. Exfoliation involves the removal of the oldest dead skin cells on the skin's outermost surface, and has been used for many years to help maintain healthy skin. There are various ways this can be done.

  • Use of face scrubs and exfoliating cleansers: I use Neutrogina(again) deep clean gentle scrub 2-3 times a week. Do not exfoliate more than that because skin needs to rejuvenate before it can be done. 
 
  • Home made sugar scrubs: Mix honey, olive oil and brown sugar. Mix and massage on skin. I use this for my body but it can be used on facial skin as well. The pressure should be light not harsh.

  • Baking soda and water: The new thing going around pinterest is the microderma aberration using the above paste. I've tried it and I can vouch for it. I've only used it a couple of times, but it feels great.

3. Hair: Shampooing and conditioning should be limited to 2-3 times a week. Because hair fall is already at its peak during this time. I agree there is no time for oiling and so you can go without it. But its always best to oil your hair at least once a week. On non exam days I use hair masks. but another post on that.
I use tressame shampoo and dove conditioner.



4. Supplements: I take becozym c forte (b complex, vitamin C, biotin), sea cod liver oil capsule from seven seas and Safi skin purifier.



5. Foods:
I take a cup or two of green tea on all days.
Read about green tea by thirdage here.



Milk : My mom has a recipe for dry fruit mix that I use. It is absolutely healthy and tasty.

Almonds: These babies have essential fat and are know to be really good for memory and weightloss.


6. Water: Water is the most powerful beverage of all times.
Read this article by Lauren Conrad for why water is important and how much you should drink:
 http://laurenconrad.com/blog/post/tone-it-up-how-much-water-should-i-drink-fitness-health-lauren-conrad-2013

I hope you like my suggestions. Comment below for your skin and hair care regime.

Thanks for reading,
XO Ayesha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment makes my day. Thank you for leaving a comment!!